|Bureaucrats (nominations)||Admins (Nominations)||Rollback (Nominations)||Moderators (requests)||Chat moderators (requests)||Standards Council (WIP)||Community Newsletter (WIP)|
|Diligent editor. Set up content pages. Amateur Coder. Contact for any technical changes requested/content page accuracy.||Active|
|Chat/Discussions or overall user social moderator. A new user to wikia. Learning the basics. Contact for user social interaction actions such as kicking or banning a user.||Active|
Administrators are experienced and trusted members of the Cinderella Phenomenon Wiki community who have access to restricted technical features ("tools") which help with maintenance. They are also useful as moderators in community discussion and interaction.
Those seeking help can turn to an administrator for advice and information. However, administrators are not a smaller, "more powerful" subset of users, and content and policy decisions are the responsibility of the entire community.
- Delete pages, page histories, files etc.
- Rename files (these are mainly images and videos).
- Lock (protect) a page so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without administrator rights.
- Block an IP address or user name from editing.
- Revert bad edits more easily using a "rollback" link.
- Edit the MediaWiki namespace to make changes to the interface.
As part of adminship, administrators are expected to use their abilities where it is considered necessary. Administrators should also watch the administrator noticeboard whenever they can.
Administrators have been entrusted with the means to maintain the overall quality of the site. With this in mind:
- Administrators have no right to authority over the content and policies of the wiki. The administrators' authority is as large as the community would like it to be.
- Administrators are, however, responsible for addressing disruption on the wiki by other users, including breaches of civility.
- Administrators do not own the site. They cannot shut out the opinions of others.
- Abuse of administrator privileges may result in a removal of user rights after community discussion.
Administrators should remain active to assist the wiki, having been entrusted with additional user rights by its community.
- An active status is defined as:
- Continuing substantial contributions, defined as edits that do not include modifying user space pages, or correcting spelling/grammar/formatting.
- A steady flow of such contributions, defined as editing on most days each month.
- Reasonable speed in replying to user talk messages, defined as replying before the poster of the user talk message is forced to make an alternative consultation.
- Administrators should alert the community to a leave of absence by adding the inactivity template to their user page. The administrator should also mark themselves as inactive on the list of administrators. Leaves of absence may be for any length up to two months.
- If the administrator continues to be inactive for a prolonged period of time, removal of user rights will be considered by an active bureaucrat based on the non-fulfillment of the activity guidelines further above. Consideration will begin from when any leaves of absence were meant to finish. Where removal may be contentious, an active bureaucrat should also consult other community members.
Becoming an administrator
- Main article: Nominations for Adminship
Although there are now currently seven administrators, the number will be limited to five via natural attrition. However, when a position is open, rollback users who have distinguished themselves over a period of time may be nominated for administratorship.
|This user is a administrator of the Cinderella Phenomenon Wiki.|